Guide to Better Gift Giving
1. Instead of buying your loved ones things, opt for EXPERIENCES. For my birthday my mother bought me two tickets to go mushroom foraging with an expert: something I have never done before but I doubt I'll ever forget! Think about something that your loved on is interested in but might not do on their own, and buy them that experience. If you're not quite sure what they would like, here are some general experience presents:
- Air BnB gift card: Allow them to stay at a beautiful home while discovering a new place
- Class Pass: Passes that apply to different fitness classes in their area
- Local cooking class
- Concert Tickets or Ticketmaster gift card
- Restaurant gift card or Open Table
2. DONATE to a cause that your loved one cares about in their name.
3. Make something HOMEMADE. Maybe you have a recipe that they love, or you know how to knit awesome scarves, or you're a good painter. This year I'm making my sister my infamous DIY deodorant recipe that she loves trying whenever we're together. Whatever you have to offer, make them something from scratch.
4. If you really, really want to buy this person a "thing", opt for REUSABLES. Why not give them something useful that they'll love, that will also help the environment. Some reusable gift ideas are: